Thursday, May 28, 2009

Family Portrait Reflection


To make my family portrait I wanted to make something that when you look at it the first time just seems like a normal family picture. However if you look closer and you think about it you can see the subtle differences. I wanted it to be a reflection of my real family, which has its little differences. On the outside, we are a good example of the "perfect" family, mom, dad, one boy, one girl and a house in the suburbs. I tried to represent how my family differs from the norm and also show that we are truly happy together most of the time. The fun, bright colors that border the Polaroid-like picture in the middle represent the fun that we have together, which holds us together. I think the biggest strength of my family portrait is the drawings that I did of me and my family. I think I did a good job of drawing us accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment