Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Works Of Art I know

Tara Donovan, American
My First Impressions:
I thought that it was interesting how, from far away, this looks like something completely different than when you come up close and see what it is actually made of. I first saw this when I went to the ICA last month. It reminds me of coral or seaweed, but to others, it looked like a sandcastle. I think that the artist left it unnamed for this reason, so people would use their imagination when they saw this artwork.

What I've Learned:
Tara Donavan makes sculptures out of everyday objects, such as buttons, scotch tape, plastic straws, cups, and toothpicks. To make her art, she uses hundreds or thousands of the same objects. She tries to make the her art look like things you find in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment